Location: Cardiff (Relocating to Pontypridd by late 2020)
Apply by: 28/01/2020 at 10:00
This is an exciting opportunity for a Programme Planner to join our Project Management Office, working across a multidisciplinary team to influence the delivery of large portfolio of high value projects in several different areas.
You’ll be implementing a master programme, measuring progress, issues and change management updates on a periodic basis. You’ll need to guide, monitor and follow up with Principal Contractors for schedule development and progress measurement.
You’ll provide support to project teams with ongoing project progress measurements, schedule analysis, reporting and forecasting activities. The support you provided will be in conjunction with reviewing project changes to evaluate detail schedule impact and approve changes in the overall schedule.
You’ll also need to ensure that contractor scheduling practices comply with contractual procedures, as well as identifying and driving optimisations in the planning and delivery of projects and programmes.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for an experienced Project Planner who can leverage large infrastructure project planning background, systems knowledge and NEC contract experience to help us delivery a complex programme of works.
You’ll need to have:
- Demonstrable experience in Primavera Project Planner with strong analytical and computing skills.
- Demonstrable experience of being able to interrogate P6 programmes.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of using NEC form of contracts.
- Demonstrable understanding of Earned Value Management, Schedule Performance Index and Cost Performance Index.
It would be beneficial if you also had:
- Experience within the Rail sector.
- Experience of developing planning principles and guidance covering investment lifecycles.
- Experience of initiating and running quantitative risk assessments (QRA).
Who we are
Transport for Wales (TfW) is the not-for-profit company driving forward the Welsh Government’s vision of a high-quality, safe, integrated, affordable and accessible transport network in Wales. Our mission is to ‘Keep Wales Moving’ by providing customer-focused service, expert advice and infrastructure investment.
Welsh Language Skills
The ability to speak Welsh would be a plus but is not essential for this role.