We’re creating a new rail station on the Cambrian Line between Borth and Aberystwyth railway stations.
The new station at Bow Street will feature a car park, a bus interchange and cycle storage, increasing accessibility to the rail network, supporting transport integration and providing an alternative to private car use.
Building a new transport hub in the area will benefit the entire region with anyone wishing to use public transport to access employment, education, training, health and other services finding it easier than ever to do so. It’ll benefit those visiting and businesses using public transport for travel to other areas of Wales and beyond.
The park and ride capabilities of the new station will also help ease the congestion and parking provision within Aberystwth, proving a cleaner, safer environment for the historic seaside location.
The station in Bow Street is being developed by Transport for Wales alongside Ceredigion county Council and our partners
What you can expect
Part of the development will include -
- A single platform approximately 100m in length
- A 69-space car park, with 4 motorcycle spaces and 4 disabled spaces
- A passenger waiting shelter on the platform with perch type seating
- Uncovered, on-platform seating
- An Information point and real-time passenger information
- Ticket vending machines
- Close Circuit Television for the platform and car park
- New fencing around the perimeter of the platform
- LED Lighting on the platform
- A two-way help-point system
- Refuge Areas for Wheelchair & Disabled users
- Lighting within the car park
- Covered cycle shelter with space for up to 7 cycles
- Improvements to the existing A415 junction with the A487
- Pedestrian Access
- Bus drop off and pick up point, with a shelter and timetable information
If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact me us email@example.com